Wednesday, September 24, 2008

COMING RIGHT UP


I've always known it. For a blog that's been taking you in and around Manila (and even beyond) - 3 years and counting! - things are bound to get serious. I'm looking forward to finally getting an entry level DSLR, the Nikon D60. I think it'd be a great tool for a greenhorn. She will be nicknamed Giek when she arrives.

Giek will be joining Sylvia (my Panasonic Lumix point-and-shoot bought from Singapore last year; named after Sylvia Plath) and...

Sasha, a recent purchase in Hong Kong (thanks, M.S.!) and Iris, a plastic instamatic which I've had for so many years now. She takes pictures with a soft halo around the subject. I think I will revive her very soon.

2 comments:

my gulch said...

i like how you name your cameras. and calling your Lumix, Sylvia...i am impressed. your Sasha is very Russian. i supposed you're into lomo too?

Anonymous said...

I'm getting myself a Nikon D60 too :-) Like you, I also name my babies.