Tuesday, August 21, 2007

TIKIM: CAFE BOLA


Had lunch at Cafe Bola with friends in their first shop in the metro, here at the ground floor of the Araneta Coliseum. I miss coming here and will eat here as often as I am in Cubao. You can find this if you exit from the back of the Gateway Mall via Rustan's. It is right beside Starbucks. They have another shop, however, in Greenbelt 2. Unfortunately, it has been downsized. Prices here are the usual Manila rates: Php 100 and above. Not bad at all for such a wonderful place.

The egg tray ceiling.
When here, veer away from the boring and try their delightful kamias shake.


Although I heard this mocha drink is great, too.


A permanent photo exhibit of the Coliseum's construction adorn the walls. The owner of Cafe Bola is an Araneta, Ms. Gaita Fores, who also owns other restos like Cibo and Pepato.



The kitchen and service area. Very clean. The only thing I don't like is the unisex lavatory.


For starters, you can amuse yourself with these nice, tasty, and crispy potato bits which they make themselves but go slow because the main orders actually take millenniums to arrive.

Cafe Bola's signature dish: adobo flakes with kesong puti!

Too bad the squid adobo wasn't available so Jeanette had salisbury steak instead.

Perps had carambola (one meatball each of pork, chicken and seafood) in green curry sauce on pasta. Amazing! This is my favorite in Cafe Bola.


I had tuna and tomato sauce. Not so bad. It does lack character though.

I forgot what this one was, but it took away our breaths for a bit. Mahros said it was some sort of banana pudding ("Good bread it is, but a pudding it ain't!")

The flourless chocolate cake. It tastes kind of weird in the beginning, like chewing on sweet mush, and then the chocolate comes around slowly like a surprise. I like surprises.


I think this is the sabanana crumble. It's heaven. I am putting it on the same level of Mocha Blend's banana caramel cake. It's really worth it coming back here again and again.

Cafe Bola
G/F Araneta Coliseum
Araneta Center, Cubao
Quezon City

That's Perps in the dress, then me, Joyce, Mahros in glasses, and Dr. Jeanette

No comments: